Saturday 31 May 2014

Kestrels

Taking the back roads across to Colac this afternoon, I passed the Wurdiboluc Reservoir, south-east of Winchelsea (see map), and noticed a pair of Nankeen Kestrels in a tree just near one of the pedestrian entrances.



There's very little cover at the reservoir so I couldn't get much closer but a pair of fisherman walking along the track past this tree flushed the birds and one landed on a sign closer to me.

Nankeen Kestrel (female), Wurdiboluc Reservoir

and then again flew over my head to land in another close tree.

Nankeen Kestrel (female), Wurdiboluc Reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for the inconvenience but I have had to turn on word verification to avoid spam (I was getting 10-20 a week)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Birding and Natural History Blogs - Australia

Birding Blogs - Worldwide