Saturday 28 August 2010

Bells Beach

Better known for its surf, Bells Beach and the surrounding area offers some good birding along the foreshore and the roadside vegetation.

I had stopped by the side of the road near the bend where Bells Beach Road becomes Jarosite Road (View Map) to watch a mixed flock of honeyeaters flying back and forth between the coastal heath and a stand of eucalypts when a Rufous Bristlebird appeared immediately across the road from me.

Rufous Bristlebird, Bells Beach

I have seen Rufous Bristlebird regularly in the area (Pt Addis and Airey's Inlet) but never when I had the camera ready so this was another photographic first for me this August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for the inconvenience but I have had to turn on word verification to avoid spam (I was getting 10-20 a week)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Birding and Natural History Blogs - Australia

Birding Blogs - Worldwide